Intelligent environments refer to physical spaces in which
information and communication technologies are woven with sensing/acting
technologies in order to create interacting spaces enhancing occupants’
experience. The ultimate objective of such environments is to provide
services to occupants, enrich their activities but also to develop their
Contributions in the following areas are solicited (but not limited to):
- Advances in theories for the design, implementation, integration and evaluation of smart spaces,
- Novel architectures and middleware for the integration of devices, edges, and clouds
- Software facilities to develop, deploy, monitor, update applications for smart spaces,
- Interaction techniques using voice, gesture, eyes, etc. in smart spaces,
- Robotic technologies in smart spaces to assist human or to manage resources,
- Planning solutions to better use limited resources in smart spaces,
- Machine learning techniques for novel applications, including federated learning, few shot learning, etc.
- Solutions to deal with transversal properties including security,
privacy, availability, transparency, or explainability in smart spaces.
- Novel applications in smart homes, smart building, smart cities, smart plants and smart grid
Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE
Xplore subject to meeting IEEE Xplore’s scope and quality requirements.
- Paper submission: January 11th, 2022 (AoE)
- Short paper submission deadline: January 11th, 2022 (AoE)
- Demo & Video submission deadline: January 11th, 2022 (AoE)
Tutorial proposal: Until December 1st, 2021 Workshop proposal: September 17, 2021 Special sessions: September 17, 2021
Call for papers (PDF file)