Winners of this edition
- The Beatrice WORSLEY award for the best full paper is given to “A machine learning-based approach for smart agriculture via stacking-based ensemble learning and feature selection methods” by Emna Ben-Abdallah, Khouloud Boukadi and Rima Grati
- The best short paper award is given to “An Optical Soil Sensor for NPK Nutrient Detection in Smart Cities” by Wei Fan, Kevin Kam, Haokai Zhao, Patricia Culligan and Ioannis Kymissis
- The best Demos & Video award is given to “PowerJoular and JoularJX: Multi-Platform Software Power Monitoring Tools” by Adel Noureddine
- The best Presentation award by a female presenter is given to “Driver-Side and Traffic-Based Evaluation Model for On-street Parking Solutions” by Qianyu Ou, Wenjun Zheng, Zhan Shi and Ruizhi Liao
- The best Presentation award by a male presenter is given to “Evaluation of time-series libraries for temperature prediction in smart greenhouses” by Santiago Ruiz, Juan Morales-García, José M Cecilia, Carlos Calafate, Juan-Carlos Cano and Pietro Manzoni
The following awards were presented at the IE 2022 Conference:
- Beatrice WORSLEY award for the best full paper
- Best short paper award
- Best Demos&Video award
- Best Presentation awards for a full paper presentation
- by a female presenter
- by a male presenter
PAST EDITIONS WINNERS
- IE’21 Best Full Paper: “GRETA: Pervasive and AR interfaces for Controlling Intelligent Greenhouses” by Iraklis Bekiaris, Asterios Leonidis, Maria Korozi, Christos Stratakis,
Emmanouil Zidianakis, Maria Doxastaki and Constantine Stephanidis.
- IE’21 Beatrice Worsley award: Masi Mohammadi, Eindhoven University of Technology
- IE’21 Best Short Paper: “Experimenting a Healthy Ageing Community in Immersive Virtual Reality Environment: The Case of World’s Longest-lived Populations” by Peyman Najafi, Masi Mohammadi, Pascale M. Le Blanc and Pieter Van Wesemael
- IE’20 Best Full Paper: “Towards an automatic recommendation system to well-being for elderly based on augmented reality” by Luis Ronquillo, Víctor Zamudio, David Gutiérrez-Hernández, Javier Navarro, Faiyaz Doctor and Carlos Lino.
- IE’20 Best Short Paper: “Estimation of User’s Orientation via Wearable UWB” by Chiara Bonsignori, Fabio Condomitti, Marco Del Gamba, Federico Garzelli, Leonardo Lossi, Francesco Mione, Alessandro Noferi and Alessio Vecchio
- IE’19 Best Full Paper: “Remote Detection of Indoor Human Proximity using Bluetooth Low Energy Beacons” by Michele Girolami, Fabio Mavilia, Paolo Barsocchi, Filippo Palumbo and Stefano Chessa
- IE’19 Best Short Paper: “Holistic Blockchain Approach to Trust, Privacy and Security in IoT based Ambient Assisted Living” by Akpanakak Henry Mkpa, Jeannette Chin and AndrainWinckles
- IE’18 Best Full Paper: “Mining Local Process Models with Constraints Efficiently: Applications to the Analysis of Smart Home Data” by Niek Tax, Natalia Sidorova, Reinder Haakma and Wil M. P. van der Aalst.
- IE’18 Best Short Paper: “Implementation and Evaluation of Peripheral Light Feedback for Mid-Air Gesture Interaction in the Car” by Florian Roider and Konstantin Raab
- IE’18 Best Presentation: “Implementation and Evaluation of Peripheral Light Feedback for Mid-Air Gesture Interaction in the Car” offered to Florian Roider
- IE’18 Best Doctoral Colloquium Paper: “Anomaly Detection in Elderly Daily Behavior” by Parvaneh Parvin, Fabio Paterno and Stefano Chessa
- IE’18 Best Reviewer: Miguel J. Hornos
- IE’16 Best Full Paper: “Evaluating future automation work in process plants with an experience-driven science fiction prototype” by T. Kymäläinen, E. Kaasinen, M. Aikala, H. Paunonen, J. Ruotsalainen, L. Hakulinen, T. Heimonen, and P. Mannonen
- IE’16 Best Short Paper: “Money Handling Training: Applications for Persons with Downs Syndrome” by S. Rus and A. Braun.
- IE’16 Best Doctoral Colloquium Paper: “Activity Recognition from Video Data using Spatial and Temporal Features” by M. Al-Wattar, R. Khusainov, D. Azzi, and J. Chiverton.
- IE’16 Best Demo/Video Paper: “Human Gaze and Focusof- Attention in Dual Reality Human-Robot Collaboration” by M.M. Moniri, F.A. Espinosa Valcarcel, D. Merkel, and D. Sonntag.